→ 09 Mar 13 at 12 am
Why it’s Awful: For starters, the shop is called “Tribal Gauges.” Almost everything in their shop has “gauges earrings” at the end of the name, and an entire section of their shop is under the title “FAKE GAUGES.” And this jewelry…dear god, this jewelry. The flares are all but non-existent (so good luck even wearing them), and that design on the face is a disgrace to the Ohm symbol. I could’ve drawn a better Ohm if I was unconscious and had Parkinson’s. I can’t believe they charge almost $20 for this crap.
How to Fix: Stop making crap jewelry! And start using the right goddamn terminology.
This etsy shop is obviously uneducated about racism as well as piercings, but this commentary is kind of offensive too.
First of all joking about genetic disorders is insensitive, rude, and bordering on ableism. Secondly it’s called Om or Aum. Ohm looks like this Ω and is a unit of electrical resistance. Practice as you preach, terminology Stalin. Last but not least that is a perfectly correct Om symbol and I’ve seen plenty fuglier ones in Indian art.
- colonelhathi reblogged this from awfulmodifications and added:
- poetrybylucifer likes this
- ihateyousomuchwow likes this
- mashley-kun reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- no-godsno-masters likes this
- toxic-lullaby-forever likes this
- sumwherebtwnhipsterndredneck reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- sumwherebtwnhipsterndredneck likes this
- okami-kage likes this
- xqueenwitchx likes this
- patches240sx likes this
- arianaxnoelle reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- ragequittingthis likes this
- pandahbearface reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- fuckindisgustin reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- jethroq reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- falulu said: you may not like how they look, but at least they arent made with clay o.O
- mentefacile likes this
- mithez likes this
- philosophical-panda likes this
- thequietthingsthatno1knows likes this
- Sarah Murray submitted this to awfulmodifications